Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful.

Last night as I was driving back from visiting one of my sweet pseudo-families on their farm, thinking about what I would do if I got put on call today and didn't have to work, I was overwhelmed with the reality of the amazing fellowship that the Lord has blessed me with. There are several families that I dearly love who I'm positive would welcome me whole-heartedly into their Thanksgiving day. There aren't words for how great it is to be loved so well...I'm positive it's God's way of showing me what His love is like on a smaller scale but one that is quite effective at pointing me to Jesus and reminding me that I have much to be grateful for. So, today I got put on call, much to my surprise and I'm here at the Hodges' just hanging out. I wish I could put into words how much I love them and how thankful I am for them but it overwhelms me to even try so I'll just settle for saying that I'm thankful that I can crash their Thanksgiving and feel completely at home.

There's something to be said for this day where you're supposed to remember everything that God has given you and thank Him for it. Although, I think it should be every day, I was praying this morning that the Lord would give me a spirit of gratefulness today especially and I'm humbled at the peace that He is to my heart..and the unbelievable number of things that He has blessed me with...that could never be summed up on this little blog..

"Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead"

No comments: