Saturday, April 24, 2010

a day in the life..

I'm at home with my family and I'm so thankful for the way that the Lord has healed us and grown us in the past few years as a family. It's truly amazing.

I went to chemo with Grandmommie yesterday and I was reminded again of the stark reality of this battle with cancer. She's tired and bald but she's doing so well. Her oncologist just laughed, incredulous at her lack of complications and her uplifted spirit throughout this journey. I'm in awe of God's faithfulness in the tiny little details...from good anti-nausea medication to super cute hats and head scarves :)

There's something to be said for divorced parents who can still spend their birthdays together. It makes being their child much simpler. Especially when their birthdays are less than 24 hours apart. What a blessing to be with them for year 49!

speaking of, the shindig is starting...I should peel myself away so that I can partake in ribs and chicken wings on the grill, fresh green beans, macaroni and cheese, and of course birthday cake! :)

No comments: