Sunday, February 20, 2011

a big deal

Why am I awake right now? cause I'm still thinking. I'm thinking about how amazing it is that God loves me and that He knows exactly what I need to hear and when I need to hear it and how to get it to my stubborn ears and through my thick skull and eventually to my hard heart. I'm so thankful for my church. I was telling a friend tonight that Trinity Park is the first church I've ever been a part of where I feel like I can just rest and worship. I'm not worried about whether or not the music will be good or whether or not the words coming out of the pastor's mouth will be true or only half true or whether or not I'll leave feeling full or empty. My church feeds my soul. and I'm so humbled and grateful to be a part of something that is so steeped in the gospel and covered in prayer and Christ exalting. not to mention that I have never felt so loved and like I belong. and that is a very big deal.

No comments: