Monday, October 27, 2014

A Whole30 and a Half Marathon

Ok people, this is getting serious. I have recently been doing the eight week challenge with my coworkers and so far I've lost 15 lbs and worked up to 5 days a week of exercise. If you know me, you know this is a big deal for me. Let's just suffice it to say that sticking with healthy habits is not exactly my forte. This time, the results are worth it: I feel so much better, my insulin requirement is about half of what it was, and I'm slowly but surely losing weight. Right now, by God's grace, that's enough to keep me going!

Some of you have heard the hype surrounding the Whole30 - it's basically eating Paleo-ish for 30 days to see how the foods you are eating are contributing to how you feel. The point is to eat REAL food, nothing processed, no sugar or grains, no alcohol, etc. It will be hard but I think it's doable - it's only 30 days!

I'm ready for a change. My body is ready for a change. And at this point, after years and years of trying different things, it needs to be drastic.

So, all that to say - Today is Day 1 of my first Whole30! Raeanne is doing it with me so she will be my accountability. I have educated and will continue to educate my hubby (he's not super thrilled about this) since he does most of the shopping and cooking around here.

For real, though, the testimonials are impressive. Don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself!

'We cannot possibly put enough emphasis on this simple fact—the next 30 days will change your life. It will change the way you think about food, it will change your tastes, it will change your habits and your cravings. It could, quite possibly, change the emotional relationship you have with food, and with your body. It has the potential to change the way you eat for the rest of your life.' -Whole30

I am also training for my first Half Marathon! What?!!?!! I know, I know it's hard to believe but it's for real.. I'm using this 14-week plan. Today starts Week 2! Rae and I are planning to run the Charleston Half Marathon on January 17th, 2015. Feel free to join us or at the least come cheer us on! :)

I'm gonna try to blog about this whole experience but I might be cooking or running and not have time to blog.. just a disclaimer :)

No comments: