Sunday, September 27, 2009

lovers bold in broken places

i love this quote:

We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. "We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." -twloha

This weekend was amazing! sweet time of teaching and sitting under the Word and great fellowship with some really fun people :) I got to hear Corey speak for the first time..I loved it, which is good considering he's gonna be my pastor for probably quite a while..this church plant thing is gonna be awesome! the Lord is rocking our faces off with His faithfulness in this..praise the Lord for what He's doing with His church..and that He lets us be a part of it..One of the things Corey said that I love is "the effects of true intimacy with Jesus is alignment with His purposes and freedom in His presence"..what a sweet truth..

I'm so thankful for times like retreats to worship and be renewed and refreshed and reminded of the ways that the Lord has blessed me...it's really incredible...

I discovered a new favorite activity...singing karaoke with a certain 4 people and an iphone after midnight...talk about good for the heart..

also, nerts is still a favorite. especially when i win :)

ok, time for a sunday afternoon nap before a fun dinner with friends!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Hey Amy, this is Mallory (your patient at Duke). I love that quote! I'm glad you had a great time this past weekend. Everyone needs good fellowship like that sometimes. You're a sweet person, and a GREAT nurse. :)