Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the babysitting extravaganza!

I love kids! I've been babysitting like crazy this week already...in fact, i'm currently at my 3rd babysitting job in one day! It's been so fun, though...

Nathan and Megan are my first...they are 5 and 6...so far we've colored, put together puzzles, played hide and seek, gone bowling, played in the arcade, had a dance party, discussed the continents, planets and Magic school bus, and talked about Jesus...I was telling Megan about Jesus yesterday because she asked me about my gospel bracelet and after I talked, she said "When I get to heaven, I'm gonna give God a big kiss!...He's just soooo nice!" Imagine a cute little 5 year-old voice saying that...it was precious...and a great reminder that our God is a good God who is for us and not against us!

Sadie, a precious 12 month-old is my second...she is awesome and I love taking care of her...she's just learning so much right now...today we learned hat, top, cup, paci, nose, kitty, toy, and window...we had a minor crisis this afternoon due to a missing paci but one of the construction workers was so sweet to run to the store and get us a new one...David to the rescue! They're working on their house right now so Sadie and I spent most of the day outside which is great for me since she LOVES her stroller and I get to walk! There's a playground near the house that she and I have been frequenting...she used to hate the swing but now she loves it and she's obsessed with the slide...she's also great at meeting new people, which is always fun! Never a dull moment...

James is my last...he's asleep :) almost 4 months and so stinkin' cute...his parents have realized that they need date nights every once in a while so that their relationship doesn't end up revolving around James which is so wise and so good for a marriage...I love being able to be a part of a God-glorifying marriage by sitting at their house while they go out to dinner...

so, it's been a full day but the Lord is letting me spend time with kids and serve parents and fulfill a little piece of what I feel called to since I don't have a marriage or kiddos of my own yet! He truly does provide in the most creative ways :) I am so thankful to have a Jehovah Jireh who is committed to my life and knows exactly what I need...I am learning more and more that He is the only One who can love me perfectly and the only One who can be my all... praise Him for reminding me of that constantly!

No comments: