Sunday, July 18, 2010

One man

writing on this blog is really worshipful for me.

tonight, as I was studying the fruit of the spirit, Peace, I was just blown away by the magnitude of the cross and the reality of all that Jesus did that day that he died. He said he didn't come to bring peace but a sword but he moved us from the sword of division to the peace of reconciliation at the cross. He became our peace at the cross when he made peace with the death that reigned from Adam. I love the verses in Romans 5--"If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ"--one act of righteousness and obedience leads to justification and life for all men. At the right time, he died for the ungodly. His blood cleanses us, heals us, frees us, and grants us access to God. These things are TRUE and sometimes I just press on through my days without even stopping to think and rest in the fact that this man that I say that I love had to die for me to even be able to begin to grasp the idea of love. Jesus paid it all, I owe everything to him, he bought my freedom, he rescued me, he gave me life and he's the only one who can heal my heart. this takes root in my heart in a new way during this season of my life when I'm working on so many things, wrestling through lots of heart issues with the Lord, and just trying to move toward health in so many ways. it's humbling. What a reality check--think about it, even when I stand before the Lord complete and whole and healed and perfectly holy, all I'll be able to boast is Jesus, all I'll be able to say is that He died to rescue me. He paid my debt. He pursued me and showed me grace. He wouldn't give up. He loved me into holiness. He did this, not me. I couldn't even make good choices, I couldn't fight without getting tired, I couldn't say yes to righteousness and no to my sin, I couldn't love without ulterior motives, I couldn't keep my hope from wandering to things that would never satisfy, I kept chasing idols but Jesus still paid it all. He buried my sin that day that he died and he promised me forever.

No comments: