Friday, January 15, 2010

haiti

so, for the past 24 hours, I've been researching ways to get to Haiti. I never thought that I had a heart for disaster relief until 2 days ago when the Lord just really put Haiti on my heart and I started to pray. Since then, I have just felt the Lord calling me to find a way to go. I don't know what I can do to help but I'm committed to exploring the options and being open to do what it takes to get there. It's been a long time since the Lord has laid something so heavily on my heart. So, pray for that...that He would open doors and that I would listen to Him..

I'm going to visit camp on Sunday...I can't wait! you know how sometimes you just get that feeling, when you haven't been for a while and you just need a camp fix...well, if you're camp family, you know what I mean :)

tomorrow is going to be a reading day...I'm gonna read, eat lunch with Amy, read some more, and then possibly play frisbee golf! sounds like a great day..

I know I already mentioned this, but my heart is so burdened for Haiti...I can't even make it through one blog post without thinking about it and praying for the people there, the relief effort, and that God would make Himself known and heal the land...God is a healer (I have it written on my ankle) and He loves to heal all kinds of things, hearts, bodies, cultures, relationships, lands, nations...I don't know how He's gonna do it, but I know He can...and I pray that He lets us put our hands in...

pray with me. a lot.

No comments: