Friday, January 22, 2010

today

life aspirations:
1. spend time with Jesus
2. exercise
3. take my dog to the dog park
4. read


at prayer this morning someone told me I sounded very John Piper-ish. I'm not sure what she meant by that but, since he is a godly man who is passionate about the sovereignty of God in all things and the idea that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, that might be one of the greatest compliments I've ever gotten. I pray that I would even begin to have an impact for the kingdom like his and that I would internalize and live out of Truth and a deep-seated trust of a steadfast, faithful God the way that he does.

today was relationally wonderful. those of you who know me, are probably wondering "oh gosh, how many people did she manage to hang out with today?" ha! I babysat Merritt and Ian this morning which included a walk with Alison and time chatting with Sarah. Then, I went to lunch with Katie which was encouraging and refreshing as always. Then, I drove to Cary where I hung out with Ms. Darcie and learned a new game called "Dominion." Then, I went to the Jacksons where I ate pizza with the boys, played for a couple hours, and snuggled with Camille (check out the pics on the last post). and post bedtime, Olivia and I got such sweet time to talk and just know more of each other. it was such a blessing...I am continually amazed at the people that God gives me and I'm overwhelmed with joy because of it!

No comments: