Sunday, January 31, 2010

lots of life happenings

I have so much to say...in the past week, my grandmother has been diagnosed with breast cancer, the Lord has opened doors for a trip to Haiti, and I have experienced the power of the body of Christ in a new and profound way.

I feel like I need to make a book of all of the emails and phone calls I've gotten in the past week of people promising to pray and support me through my grandmother's battle with this cancer and my somewhat spontaneous trip to Haiti...it's been incredible the amount of support that has flooded in in such a short amount of time and the way that I have felt engulfed by the love of Jesus through the community that He has given me.

this morning at my mom's church (www.savannahchristian.com), the sermon was about international missions and how the Lord uses us to cover the earth with His glory...this church is passionate about what God is doing overseas and its members have their hands in countless missions around the world...it's so encouraging to hear the truths throughout Acts about God's heart for missions and His plan to use us to further His kingdom "to the ends of the earth." Quite timely considering I'm 6 days away from embarking on what I'm sure will be one of the most memorable 2 weeks of my life thus far..

I'm going to Haiti in 6 days. Hopital Sacre Coeur (that's French for Sacred Heart Hospital) in a town called Milot in the North of Haiti. this is a video about the founding and the day-to-day operations of the hospital under normal circumstances...I'm sure life will look a little different in the aftermath of the earthquake..

Hôpital Sacré Coeur from Crudem Foundation on Vimeo.



God has made it clear that He wants me in Haiti for 2 weeks, so I'm going. and I can't wait to see what He has planned for our time there! I pray that He is glorified in a mighty way through our interactions with people and our worship of Him...pray for us!

No comments: