Tuesday, February 2, 2010

God knows all about this...

well, today has been quite the day...rather anti-climactic which is, I think, a good thing...After waking up at 4:20am and setting up camp in the hospital waiting room from 7 am until about 3:30 pm, and finally making it to a room around 4, I'd suffice it to say, it's been a long day! Luckily for grandmommie, she doesn't remember the majority of it...and I had fun with my mom and my aunt in the waiting room laughing, reading, eating, and visiting people that we hadn't seen in a long time (we both used to work at this hospital), including the doctor that delivered me almost 24 years ago by emergency C-section (who is also a long-time, good friend of my grandmommie's)...he was saying today that he still remembers vivid details of that day...crazy how something can stick in your mind like that...and the best part was that all the girls got a picture with him :) he delivered me, anna, olivia, and leah! I may or may not have driven everyone crazy with the camera today...but I got some cute pictures and later they'll thank me! but Grandmommie's doing so well, even her surgeon said she looks like "a million bucks!" and we're glad to know that we're not the only ones who think she's a total baller when it comes to pretty much everything she sets her mind to...

With this surgery behind us, even though I think we may have a ways to go still, I feel like I am freed up to think about Haiti a little more which is good since I leave in 4 days! ahhh...I have so much to do before Sunday! lots of errands to run...but it will get done and I have such a peace about going on this trip that there's no way the Lord isn't going to provide for the rest of it to come to fruition...He has provided support in mighty ways from prayer support to financial support to tangible donations of stuff we need...it's amazing to see the body of Christ really step out in faith and support in big ways expecting to see a big God do mighty things for His glory around the world! I'm praying for wisdom and faith as I prepare for the next 4 days...and for an email back from one of the ladies at the hospital so that we can know a little more of what we're getting ourselves into :) it will be an adventure, for sure!

I'm excited about what the Lord has planned...

No comments: