Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Haiti day 11...feels like day 512

Today was a good day but Cindy and I are losing patience a lot faster than we were when we first got here...we're just tired. completely. we still love the kids so much but they're getting so comfortable with us that they just try on our nerves...pray for us, that we would have compassion and love on these kids and their families well these last few days that we have here instead of just being jealous of our friends that left on a private jet with comfy seats, salad, and pizza...our favorite doctors left today and we're really sad...not gonna lie, I cried a little. but we decided that we'll see each other again someday. maybe we'll come back to Haiti together someday.

I can't wait to post pictures of my kids and our time here...there are so many but it will NEVER even begin to do our time here justice...we really have loved it. so much. I'm gonna miss Haiti. but mostly i'll miss Yveline's sassy smile, Paul's wonderful english phrase of the day, Pierre's high five, Dove's valiant success at crutch usage, Ricardo's little giggle and his boisterous "hey you!," Michel's beautiful little voice singing "How great Thou art" with me in Creole, Jamesly's little reach coupled with "mama" every time he sees us, the sweet little compliments I get all day...and SO many other things that make this place so sweet..

Cindy's complaining cause apparently I write really slow...so, since we have SO many other places to be right now (NOT!), I'm gonna go! hope all is well Stateside...bonne nuit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I am so proud of you all are doing -- and your faith that shines through everything is an inspiration!

Sally

krista said...

Amy, what a joy tonight to read your blog. You are being such a blessing to all those kids, I know it!! Hang in there. I can't imagine how tired you are. Troy and I are praying for you tonight...and will continue to pray. Can't wait to see you and hear more stories and see your pictures!!! Love, Krista